| You want to throw a party that will be talked about for months, don't we all? Wellhere are our guidelines to throwing the perfect cocktail party...|
This information is from party planner Siobhan F. Haber of Flaherty Miller Events
|· Place the food and the bar at opposite corners of the room to promote mingling and movement|
· Set up a serve-yourself bar, including premixed cocktails in glass pitchers, so you can be free to socialize.
· For a full bar, don't forget bowls of presliced lemons, limes, olives, oranges, and cocktail onions.
· Stock sparkling cider so non-boozers can hold a fancy drink.
· For a professionally catered effect, decorate platters with edible flowers, fresh fruit, sprigs of herbs and mini votives.
· Keep hors d'oeuvres easily edible. They should be small enough to fit on a cocktail napkin.
· Light candles in the bathroom-- nothing is more of a buzz kill than having to turn on the glaring fluorescents.
· Twinkling lights are cheap and easy to string up around the house and they seat a great festive vibe.
· If you want your guests to leave at a certain time, offering coffee and platters of sweets is a nice way to signal the end of the night.
Buy Beer & Wine Online!